Tuesday 18 February 2014

Lots of photos...

I have a poorly daughter at the moment-she's been up and down with a nasty viral bug and has spent most of the morning being sick :-(  She's currently tucked up in bed and hopefully she'll be feeling better when she wakes up.

We spent some time this weekend laying out the squares for the Sleeping Forest Blanket-Myf has taken some photos for your enjoyment ;-)









I played around with the arrangement for the next day until it felt like the colours were flowing properly then I pile them up into groups of 14 (vertical strips) and used a little piece of wire to mark the end square so that I crochet the squares together in the order I want!


Over the last couple of days, I've been busy getting some of them crocheted in strips (I crochet the strips together as soon as I finish them) and so far, we have a four-strip wide blanket!



Doesn't it look beautiful already?  Only five more strips to do then it's on to the border!

8 comments:

  1. It does look beautiful. Good work. I hope your daughter feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling-fingers crossed she's over the worst of it now!

      Delete
  2. We're sending lots of love and hugs to Myf. The blanket is looking stunning, great photos Myf! Can't wait to see it all finished x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe-she seems much better and sends you all lots of love too!x

      Delete
  3. That's awesome. I love it. Lots of work but it well worth it. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It is a lot of work but I'd do it all day, every day if I could :-)

      Delete
  4. It's looking good. I like your idea of creating rows of squares and marking which one you'll start with. Working on one row at a time is a lot easier than working with a whole blanket - thanks for the tip. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling :-) Putting a blanket together can be a bit daunting for me without dividing it up somehow x

      Delete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!