Wednesday 29 January 2014

Reasons to be cheerful

Yesterday was rather stressful and emotional-Monday evening I found a lump where I really didn't want to find one and so yesterday afternoon I'd managed to go see the doctor.  The lump was very painful and swollen, causing radiated pains, and I was in floods of tears by the time the examination was over!  Thankfully, it was nothing more serious than a very large abscess in a highly sensitive area so I have antibiotics and a hot water bottle to help ease the problem.  I can't work tomorrow because of it though which is a concern as I can't manage the lifting involved with the weekly delivery (lots of large drinks trays!) but I was at work today so I'm alright really.

So on to my reasons to be cheerful this week.

I'm definitely most grateful that the lump was only an abscess and am determined to count myself very lucky and not to yell at people for accidentally bumping into me!

I started work at 8am today so Myf and I were up very early-there was no time for my 'made by Myf' cuppa but she has given me many hugs and cwtches on my good side :-)  That always helps me feel better!

All of your lovely comments on my squares progress to date-I have loved sharing the process with you and hope you have enjoyed seeing the squares as well!  You're all so kind :-)

The cats have been making me smile a lot too-Myf has a castle that I set up for her after her school trip to Hampton Court on Monday.  The box I store it in is naturally a firm favourite with them both (especially with a marble for them to chase around in circles!) and Rascal likes lurking inside the castle :-)

Isn't he getting so handsome?  (Some day I'll be able to get a nice photo of Artemis as well, she hides whenever the camera comes out!)



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't anything too serious. I hope you heal up quickly and feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I feel better just knowing what it is xxx

      Delete
  2. Adorable pics of Rascal.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!