Saturday 9 February 2013

TA DA!!!! Sweet Dreams Blanket

It's finished!!

I'm so excited to take it to my friend in town today-I only started putting it together on Tuesday, laying all the squares out and shuffling them around, crocheting them together and seeing it unfold :-)



The top panel has 'SWEET' written across it in silver/grey chain stitch and the bottom of course says 'DREAMS'.



I pondered the border for ages.  I was originally planning to use a variegated yarn that came in free with another shade I wanted and has been hanging around waiting-it has hues of blues, purples and greens that I thought would work well with the pinks and greens on the outer edge of the blanket.  Myf wasn't too sure and once I had it laid out, I could see what she meant!  So I started with a very pale lilac and moved to a 'parma violet' shade and finished with a dark, almost plum, shade for the last round, putting 2dc, ch2, 2dc into each space and 2dc, ch2, 2dc, ch3, 2dc, ch2, 2dc into the corners and making a pretty zig-zag effect :-)  I still haven't found where that pattern comes from, I'm SURE it's from Attic24 somewhere but I can't find it!

Are you ready?  TA-DA!!!!






Isn't it gorgeous?  It's been the most creative fun to make :-)

I know I should wait and take better photos to do it justice but I really want to give it to her today (and if I don't today, the next chance will be Tuesday and that's too long ;-P)

What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. This is just fantastic! What a wonderful gift. There is so much detail in each individual square, I have been poring over your photos for a while now. It's a real achievement.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was the most fun-my friend Kathy wasn't expecting it so it was a wonderful surprise for her :-)
    (I've already started making the little version for my daughter!)
    I'm planning a couple of little blankets as donations (I'm starting to run out of friends/family to make them for!)
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!