Friday 8 February 2013

So Very Excited!!!

The 'Sweet Dreams' Blanket is very nearly finished:  I'm putting the last round of the border on it now, it looks so beautiful and we may be able to actually give it to our friend tomorrow!
Myf has had so much fun suggesting sweetie ideas and as she wants a little lap blanket with this theme so I let her use the camera to pick out the sweet squares she wanted in hers.  She also spent time writing a list as well so very soon I can start making hers!

I can't wait to show you how gorgeous this blanket is-but for now, I'll share with you the other reason for my glee.  I caught sight of this in the shops at the beginning of January and even though it was very inexpensive (£15), we're on a really tight budget so I've been saving up to treat myself :-)


Isn't it wonderful?

It's meant for children's toys (and Myf would like one too of course!) but as soon as I saw it, I thought what a fabulous storage space it would make for all my yarn...
Well most of it anyway!  I prefer to work with balls of yarn so I still have a few bags with fresh skeins in that I need to spend time winding...

It's so nice to be able to tell at a glance what colours I have :-)  I've been moving some bits around and we had a viewing on the house today so I've been cleaning quite manically and now I have a beautiful living room with a crafty area that makes me smile :-D



I'll be back very soon with photos of the newest blanket!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!