Wednesday 9 January 2013

Sweet Dreams Blanket

My first main project for this year is, of course, a blanket!  It feels like ages since I've really been able to have fun with colours.  I'm about a third of the way through the squares and I am having an absolute blast!

There's a lady who used to run the local bookshop-they had to downsize but now her husband runs a large book stall in the indoor market and she runs the sweet shop opposite.  I've known her for nearly 8 years and she's a fantastic lady.  She listens to my unhappy rants and has always been so kind to Myf and myself and this year I wanted to make her a thank you gift.

So I'm inspired by sweets for this blanket-which of course means I need to do 'research' :-)


















So, I'm using mostly pale colours for background and then playing with crochet to form the sweets-



Not all the squares will have sweet-shapes on them.  I'm alternating with squares that are colour-inspired by sweets:



I'm not using a lot of dark colours in this blanket-it's going to be bright and beautiful :-)

Outside Kathy's sweet stall, she has two pillars that are pale pink and pale green candy stripe so I'm using that as inspiration for the long sides of the blanket.  I love diagonal squares!



I'm really excited for this blanket-Myf is loving the theme so much she wants a smaller one for herself too :-) She's been suggesting ideas as well so it's a great collaboration!

I'll try to take photos as I go-it'd be nice to show the process of making a blanket as I really have a lot of fun doing it :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! What a lovely idea, and how nice of you. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled. I can't wait to see how it looks when it all comes together.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! I'm enjoying making it so much. I can't wait to see how it looks either! Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!