Saturday 30 July 2011

Birthday presents......



It was my dear friend Jem's birthday last week and as I'm ridiculously low on funds I decided to make a couple of crystal pendants-they turned out very nicely but then I spent ages looking in the house for a suitable bag!  Couldn't find one anywhere so ended up crocheting a little purse for them :-)  Jem's very into ladybirds so I attempted to crochet one into the design-not too bad for a first go!  I've taken some pics but they really are quite dreadful....the one on the left is a very dark Garnet and the one on the right is a smoky quartz.  I wanted to add a zip to the purse but didn't measure it properly and ran out of time so instead attached a button and crochet a chain to loop round it-remind me though never to leave my crochet hook at home again though please?  Ended up trying to chain using a darning needle on the bus which was ridiculously difficult!
but I think the button was a nice finishing touch and Jem loved her little homemade gift :-)

1 comment:

  1. I will make sure that doesn't happen again....well done for a successful design project!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!